Schools Watersports ActivitiesWe offer GCSE and BTEC outdoor adventure activities in windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, raft building, wakeboarding, yacht sailing , powerboating and team building for schools, and community groups. We have been introducing youth groups ages 6 -18 to watersports since 1994.
Sailing and the National Curriculum
Watersports can tie into Key Stages 1 - 4, they encourage children to learn in unfamiliar and challenging environments and frequently offer children that do not excel in the class room to flourish.
Key Stage 1
Sailing ties in with the curriculum in literacy, geography, the environment, travel, science, general p.e and fitness.
Key Stage 2
- Students are encouraged to partake in outdoor and adventurous activities.
- watersports allow students to learn in unfamiliar and challenging environments
- Use trial and error to solve problems and work alongside others to solve these problems
- Class projects relating to science and literacy
- Students are encouraged to take part in outdoor and adventurous activities.
- They need to learn to be able to read the weather/tides and be able make decisions about safety
- meet many new and challenging situations whilst on the water
- Students are encouraged to develop skills in outdoor activities, sailing is a good example.
- Overcome challenges in unfamiliar environments
- The center and its benefits can also relate to Travel and Tourism subjects
- School trips information
Royal Yachting Association and NGB's
Lagoon Watersports is an Onboard centre. This means that it has been specially selected by the RYA as a centre that is exceptional at delivering safe, fun and professional children’s sailing and windsurfing sessions.
Lagoon Watersports is a British Waterski and Wakeboard (BWSW) centre and offers the BSWS excellent Bronze, Silver and gold training scheme with BWSW qualified instructors.
Lagoon Watersports is a British Standup paddleboarding Association (BSUPA) centre and offers the BSUPA TRAINING WITH bsupa qualified instructors.
The Adventure Activities Licensing Scheme is a Government sponsored scheme, which was introduced in 1996 under the Adventure Activities Licensing Regulations. The scheme ensures that those who provide certain adventure activities to young people under the age of 18 years, will have their safety management systems inspected. Lagoon Watersports are inspected by AALA.
Activities During School Time Activities
We can offer :
- Yacht sailing
- Team building / Raft Building
- Standup Paddleboarding
- 2 hour taster session
- Training course specialising in one sport working towards NGB certificate run over a day or a number of sessions
- Training course in multiple sports run over a day or a number of sessions
- Multi Activity days / weeks
- Team building events
After school clubs
We often work with teachers and schools to deliver after school clubs during term time. These usually run one evening per week and last for around 4-6 weeks. The children are able to gain qualifications during these courses. We are always to help with promotion and is happy to visit schools and take part in assemblies.
We are always happy to try and help link sailing and windsurfing to the curriculum. If you want to arrange a course during school time then Lagoon Watersports are usually able to offer special off peak rates during the school day.
Our staff are passionate about sailing and windsurfing so are happy to deliver an assembly to small groups or year groups.
Heath and safety
Its very important that all children have a good understanding of health and safety this can be covered by a variety of subjects including physical education.
At Lagoon Watersports we work in a ever changing environment that we have to constantly manage in able for it to be safe learning environment.
We encourage children to recognise hazards and adapt to them in a safe and sensible manner. We are also happy to share our knowledge of risk management with the students.
We are inspected by the RYA(Sailing,windsurfing, and powerbaoting, BSWS (Wakeboarding), BSUPA (Paddleboarding) AALA, and the MCA.
All of our risk assessments have been written based on our 19 years experience at delivering children’s sailing and windsurfing sessions.
We are covered up to £10,000,000 for our public liability. Click here to download a copy of our insurance.
All the staff that work with children have up to date CRB checks.
Course DatesFor details click on the date.
Loading Course Dates...