Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster TheoryThe Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster RYA Theory course provides advanced training for experienced skippers that builds on the knowledge gained on the Day Skipper theory course. It is aimed at those who are looking to execute complex sailing passages offshore or at night.
This course will take your theory knowledge to the standard required for Coastal Skipper and Yachtmaster Offshore practical exams, concentrating on advanced navigation and meteorology skills.
Course topics include:
- Position fixing
- Course shaping and plotting
- Tides, secondary ports, streams, anomalies
- IRPCS Lights, day shapes, sound signals
- Pilotage and navigation in restricted visibility
- Electronic aids to navigation
- Advanced meteorology; interpreting forecasts, plotting weather systems and predictions through observations and use of barometer
- Customs and excise regulations for cruising abroad
You will need to have a good grasp of all subjects covered by the Day Skipper shore based course, and also of collision regulations.
Course DatesFor details click on the date.
Loading Course Dates...
There are no photos at present for this course.
There are no videos at present for this course