GMDSS VHF Radio Course
It is a legal requirement that someone onboard has a VHF license and this course teaches basic radio operation and what to do in situations of distress and emergencies. It is extremely beneficial to learn how to use a VHF as it is one of the most important safety features on any boat.
Course Content Includes:
- The Basics Of Radio Operation
- Emergency Position
- Distress, Emergency & Medical Assistant Procedures
- Ship To Shore Calls
- Global Maritime Distress & Safety System
- Search & Rescue
- The Correct Frequencies to Use
- Digital Selective Calling
Course Objective: You will understand basic procedures and how to operate a VHF Radio.
Course Assessment: There is a short written exam at the end of the course.
Prerequisite: Knowledge of Phonetic Alphabet & Passport Photo